Friday, January 16, 2009

Some of My Stuff

As you can see the majority of content here has been posted on the MyMedia sites and I thought it was time I did something specific for my blog. So I went around the house with my piece of crap Olympus camera(hence the shit image quality) and took a few happy snaps of the gaming stuff I've collected over the years.
Gaming is a big part of my life but it isn't the most important or else I would have all the latest and greatest gear as well as everything interesting that has been released in the past. But you know how it is when bills and loved once come first your habit...sorry, hobby comes second which in my opinion is they way to go anyway. The stuff show in following pictures I have collected over time some of which has been with me since I was a kid, and yes that Atari 2600 slim was one of them.


On the top of the shelves there's an Atari Lynx, Game Boy Advance(I have an SP but it's not pictured), Neo Geo Pocked and a Wonder Swan. Top shelf is the Nintendo 64 which I bought not long ago because my original ones were stolen along with my games. The middle shelf is an Atari 2600 slim and the Atari VCS(woody). Bottom shelf is an NTSC SNES.



Top shelf is a Sega Dream Cast and a limited edition Street Fighter controller for a PS2. Sorry the next two shelves are pretty dark but you can still make it all out. The middle shelf is a Sega Saturn and next to it is Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2 and 3 for the Mega Drive. The bottom shelf is a Mega Drive with the Mega CD.


That's my lounge room set up, I've done what I can to integrate my nerdy hobby into an average lounge room setting lol. On the left of the TV there's a Wii which I've done a black case swap on. On the right is my 40gb PS3 that has had a 320gb hard drive installed, the keyboard and mouse on the coffee table are for the PS3. In the shelving compartment there's an original Playstation and a Game Cube. I want to get a bigger LCD TV at some point but this will do for now and my couch isn't too far away from the TV anyway and everything runs through the Pioneer 7.1 amplifier.

Here's some pics of other gaming stuff I haven't found a home for yet.

Atari games, NTSC SNES games PS1 accessories and what's left of my Commodore 64 collection.


My most recent addition is this PAL SNES with games, controllers and a Super Game Boy adapter. I still have to clean them up a little but I'll find a spot for it all soon.


I also don't mind a bit of PC gaming and here's my "multipurpose" rig. It's Q6600 2.4Ghz Intel Quad core with Zalman cooling core, 4gb DDR2 RAM, BD drive, Asus 9800GT GPU and some glowing case accessories thrown in there for good measure. It's good enough to run most games at full spec so I'm happy for now. I still plan to over clock the CPU and get a 24in monitor at some point. You can also see on the top shelf above the monitors there's a first gen PSP and normally there would be my DS Lite there but someone has wandered off with it -_-

Well that's it basically I hope this didn't come across as a "OMG look at all my shit" kinda post because that wasn't my intention. I like videogames and I wanted to share that plus I now I have something I can link back to an interesting discussion we're having over at MyWii.com.au check it out as there's lots of other cool pics of collections being posted there all the time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one dude.

And you linked to my thread!
I feel loved..........

Doles284 said...

Nice pics Guyver, I love how its all displayed. I wanna get some shelving so my stuff can be showed off around the house a bit.

Guyv3r said...

I got the shelves from IKEA....and paid too much :p

Anonymous said...

Wow you have an amazing collection.